• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reimbursement of Legal Fees Wages Lost

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sparkle5586

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio: Is it possible to seek reimbursement for legal fees and lost wages if I have been forced into court to defend myself against the loss of property and my rights as a result of forgery and fraud committed by someone else. For example: My sister was left as the administrator of my mothers estate and I the alternate administrator. After her death my sister refused to give us a copy of the Will, forged her name on my mothers deed to the house and put the house in her name. We pleaded with her and begged her to give us a copy of the Will. She would not. We had to get an attorney in order to get a copy of the Will. Upon contacting an attorney, he had to write her a letter and a court date was set. Just before we went into court she gave us the Will and she was removed as Administrator. The attorney is our new administrator. However, I have run out of money to pay this attorney AND there are 2 other cases that I have had to go to court about all because she has forged documents and refuses to work with us to resolve the issues out of court. Another example. I just founded out that in 2002 she went to court and forged my name on a document and my brothers name on a document (a wavier to appear in court notice) and got custody of our niece ( the niece's mother died in 1998 and her grandmother had custody of her until the grandmother passed in 2006). My niece always visited with me every year of her life until 2006 when her guardian (her grandmother died). When our mother, passed in 2006, the sister got guardianship of the niece, but we did not know that the the sister had already gained guardianship in 2002 without our knowledge and it was done illegally. All of 2007 and 2008 I have been in and out of court trying to get visitation with my niece because my sister stopped her visits. I should not be in court getting visitation and she would not give me visitation without a court order. I did not have money to pay an attorney and the attorney I contacted for visitation and custody issues took the shortest route to help me to get visitation. There is a 3rd case involving forgery that was resolved in 2007. I have spent close to 6 to 7 thousand dollars and lost wages because of her crimes. Can I go to small claims court 3 separate times to for each case to seek reimbursement for the legal fees and time loss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">