• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Release in full of Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TAU

What is the name of your state?Texas

Any advise helpful of this issue. Do I have to sign a releae in full of claim after a lady pays to get my car fixed. It is not thru insurance. She just wants me to sign it before i pick up my car. She paid the dealer but said their would be trouble if I did not bring back the paper she mailed to me signed. SHe has already left the cash with the dealer and my car will be ready today. If I do not sign it can the dealer keep my car?

JETX

TAU said:
Do I have to sign a releae in full of claim after a lady pays to get my car fixed.
If you want to pick up your vehicle, yes.

She just wants me to sign it before i pick up my car.
Very common. She is protecting herself from any future claims you might decide to make against her.

She paid the dealer but said their would be trouble if I did not bring back the paper she mailed to me signed. SHe has already left the cash with the dealer and my car will be ready today. If I do not sign it can the dealer keep my car?
Probably. If she is smart (and it sounds like she is), she has made a 'conditional payment' to the dealer..... the condition being you sign the release. Simply, you don't sign, payment is not made, the dealer does NOT release your car to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">