• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental agreement with landlord and rental agreement with roommates

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lperf098

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin.

I was told I was subleasing a room in a three bedroom apartment with 3 other people. The land lord stated the rent as split evenly according to the amount of people living in the apartment and who share what space was the tenants verbal agreement. I paid the full share of my rent and upon moving in I was told I had to share a room and that I would get my own in two months when the spring school semester started. I agreed to this. Then January came around the two woman wit their own rooms decided to not give up their rooms and I felt forced to stay in a shared room for the remainder of that lease. I feel as though since I was not agreeing to sharing a bedroom the entire 6 months of the sublease I should be refunded from those two woman half of my rent. I only received half of the space that was originally agreed upon to me. Do I have a solid case to bring this to small claims court? How much are legal fees to open a small claims case in Portage county WI. I believe the rent would come to about 400 dollars.

BL

Sublease? Don't understand .from whom?

If your contract was with the owner/Landlord theirseves sent them a letter requesting compensation.

If you subleased from a prior tenant sue them.

Your contract has been breached and you are free to move without penalty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">