• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rental agreement not paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jswhite225

What is the name of your state?MD
My daughters father and I rented two apartments together both ending in delinquency so now I am suing him for half of one all of the second as well as pain and sufferin. The pain and suffering is what Im having trouble with, I am trying to justify weight loss due to stress, anxiety and emotional abuse as well loss of personal property. I also would like to know the chances of this working.

S

seniorjudge

What did he do to you to cause your pain and suffering?

JETX

jswhite225 said:
My daughters father and I rented two apartments together both ending in delinquency so now I am suing him for half of one all of the second
Of course you can sue for whatever you feel is appropriate. After all, anyone can sue almost anyone else over almost anything.

as well as pain and sufferin. The pain and suffering is what Im having trouble with, I am trying to justify weight loss due to stress, anxiety and emotional abuse
Sorry, but that won't 'fly'. First, small claims courts are monetary courts only and hear issues of monetary damages. They will not hear an issue of 'pain and suffering'.
Second, 'stress, anxiety and emotional abuse' are NOT compensable pain and suffering.

pain and suffering
n. the physical and mental distress suffered from an injury, including actual broken bones and internal ruptures, but also the aches, pain, temporary and permanent limitations on activity, potential shortening of life, depression and embarrassment from scarring, all of which are part of the "general damages" recoverable by someone injured by another's negligence or intentional attack. The dollar value of damages for pain and suffering is subjective, as distinguished from medical bills, future medical costs and lost wages which can be calculated, called "special damages."

as well loss of personal property.
What is the PROVEN value of the personal property (in CURRENT price) that you claim was lost due to him??

I also would like to know the chances of this working.
Somewhere between VERY slim.... and none.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">