• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rental car issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nf99

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I was involved in an accident with a rental car. My insurance covered the damages to the car, but the company now wants to go after me for loss of use of the car and an admin fee. Can they charge me an amount without proof. They want me to pay for 8 days of damages but are refusing to provide the log showing that the car was out of service for 8 days, and also they are refusing to show that they lost revenue. MY question is, can they go after me for loss of use if they didn't lose any revenue and if they can, do they have to prove the loss or is it on me to show they didn't lose anything.
The same is true regarding the admin fee, can they just charge anything they want or do they need to prove the charge.

Another issue is, when I sign my contract with the rental car company the contract does not say anything about loss of use or an admin charge. However, the jacket provided that indicates my car tells me all that. However, I get the jacket after having signed a contract and there are no signatures required on the jacket, therefore, does the jacket have any legal validity.

Thank you to those responding

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">