• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

replevin in Mississippi

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

delight_f_39

What is the name of your state? MS
I will try to make a long story short while trying to give all the facts.....my mom in law lived with us in excess of 2 years...wrote bad checks, stole, lied, borrowed $2900 from us, signed paper saying she would repay....Totally opposite of the loving and caring mom we all had known in the past. After confronting her as nice as we could, she got mad and moved out...she stayed out about a year and someone at the local motel called and said she was disoriented, confused, and couldn't find her keys. We went to see her to help and she had pockets of her pills her car was a mess with food and clothes everywhere and we ask her what she was doing, she said she didn't know. We picked her up took her to the ER got her meds straightened out and she moved back in with us. We moved all of her stuff in with us, she wanted to keep her stuff because hers was nicer, and we all had a great big yard sale. We used the money from the sale to pay off some of her bad checks, she had 30 checks at just one check collection place, and was facing jail with checks at the DA. Two months after that she went off the deep end saying we didn't love her and her son didn't spend anytime with her, and jumped on me when I told her she was not telling the truth, she hit me in the forehead and grabbed me and made a nasty scratch and nasty bruise on my arm. We called her daughter and told her to come get her...they took her to the ER and we all talked to the docs, they sent her to the mental hospital for 3 months....don't know what the docs there said because she swore them to secretacy...we didn't have to sign her in.
We gave her, after it had been here six months a shed full of her stuff, but kept what was needed like chairs, couches and stuff. Now she is sueing with a lawyer for a writ of replevin...Anything she has ever given us as a gift before she wants it back, including my husbands brothers motorcycle helmet that he got killed in...we obtained this by his father along with the motorcycle. And also everything that she brought into this house, even things she knows was here before but has included them in the replevin...I know not to go to the judge saying well she owes us money...the money is gone, I love my mother in law she can have it....but in this case how long are you suppose to hold furniture and stuff before it becomes yours? We feel we have bent over backwards for her only to be stabbed in the back numerous times, enough is enough...I love her with all my heart, and we know we can't get along with her, but when is it going to stop? Thank you for listening....sorry so long

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">