• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repossession of Truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

conchav03

What is the name of your state? Tarrant County Texas

I had a verbal agreement with implied terms with a friend(of 20+ years). She agreed that she and her husband would barter or "work off" the cost of the truck $1000.00. My husband and I were comfortable with the verbal agreement at the time. This was back in November. No payment or work of any kind has been made as payment on the truck. This woman quit her job and has no permanent address. She apparently has developed a drug problem in recent years. I recently found that the truck is in the possession of this woman's step-brother who refuses to retrun the truck. I have possession of the original title and am rightful owner of the truck. I have made several attempts to resolve the issue verbally, in writing and thru arbitration(?). To no avail.

I have contacted the local authorities and have been told this is a civil matter and I have no recourse thru the police. I have hired a private detective/repossion agent. These individuals are now hiding my truck. I have not hired a lawyer yet, but have gone to the local district court and picked up papers to file a civil law suit against everyone involved in this situation.

I plan on naming 3 people in my suit, the woman, her husband, and the step-brother.

Does any of this fall into conspiracy or fraud? Isn't this woman guilty of entering into a "straw loan"? Isn't there some way I can get the authorities envolved?

I cannot afford to just give this truck away! I want to remedy this situation and have these people prosecuted to the fullest extent.

Any Help or Advice is much Appreciated.

JETX

conchav03 said:
Does any of this fall into conspiracy or fraud?
Based on your post, no.

Isn't this woman guilty of entering into a "straw loan"?
Based on your post, no.

Isn't there some way I can get the authorities envolved?
Based on your post, no.

I cannot afford to just give this truck away! I want to remedy this situation and have these people prosecuted to the fullest extent.
Than file your lawsuit against the only person you can... that being the buyer who breached your agreement. However, a HUGE problem is going to be your having to PROVE that such an agreement existed with her.

In my opinion, your best option is to simply allow the 'repo man' to do his job and recover the vehicle..... as he can.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">