• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Request motor vehicle record in CA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nordberg25

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I live in AZ, the Judgement is issued in MN and the debtor lives in CA (i believe). I am filling out the forms for a motor vehicle record and dl record. It states that the address won't be given out if not for a permissible purpose, or without a state or federal statute.

My questions are: Does CA allow a collector in a judgement this access?

If so: What statute am I supposed to include or can I just mail in a copy of the judgement.

I have looked all through California Vehicle Code Division 2 Chapter 1 Article 3 1800-1825 and I can't find anything specific. 1808.22 and 1808.23 are close, and 1810.2 but not close enough.

Thanks in advance.

dcatz

Does CA allow a collector in a judgement this access?

If this judgment arose out of anything but the operation of a motor vehicle – eg. your eviction action in MN -
https://forum.freeadvice.com/landlord-tenant-issues-42/landlord-eviction-process-361959.html
you can’t get the information or use the DMV to skip-trace. An exception for limited information relevant to certain kinds of employment applications – eg. school bus driver – doesn’t apply to you. Find another way to locate your debtor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">