• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Requests for discovery on parties

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

djstras

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas - I read in TRCP 191.4 that I must not file my discovery requests on parties. What happens if they don't answer to my discovery requests? In the same rule it says I may file discovery materials necessary for proceedings in an appellate court (I plan to appeal if I lose). Is it best to file my discovery requests with the court anyway? Keep in mind I am in Justice Court now. The other guy's hired a lawyer...to get 820 dollars if they're lucky. It's a tort case.

JETX

djstras said:
I read in TRCP 191.4 that I must not file my discovery requests on parties.
Read it again... that is NOT what it says.

What happens if they don't answer to my discovery requests?
Depends on what your discovery is. There are several types of discovery; interrogatories, Request for Admission, Request for Production, etc.

In the same rule it says I may file discovery materials necessary for proceedings in an appellate court
No it doesn't.
There is NOTHING in Rule 191.4 about appeals. Appellate procedures were repealed from the TRCP a few years ago.

Is it best to file my discovery requests with the court anyway?
You can do that, but it isn't necessary..... and might just piss off the court. What is your discovery plan level??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">