• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Retreiving Something That Was Loaned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zarsjt

Pennsylvania

About a month ago my wife loaned a keepa (a jewish head covering) to her sister to be used at her son's Bar Mitzvah (a jewish celebration held when a child reaches 13 years of age). This head covering was very special since it had belonged to her decesed father. He had given it to my son when he turned 13 in 1985 and it had been in our posession since then.

My problem is I can not get her to return it. I have called their house seven times in the last two weeks and they will not pick up the phone - they have call screening. I have also sent them e-mails four times - again with no response.

The keepa has no real monetary value except what we would place on it. The value is more sentimental and personal.

What can I do?

Respond to [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">