• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

returned 3rd party check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

teena331

What is the name of your state? California...

My question is this, I agreed to deposit a check, for a friend, who didnt have a checking acct. or anywhere to cash it. It was on a weekend. The check was from someone she has been doing some work for. It was a written check, with the mans name and business name on it. We deposited it, and took out the money for it, at the same time. It was for $250.00, we withdrew $240.00.

A couple days later i was notified that it had bounced, or been returned. And now my friend is totally giving me the run around. I cant get any answers, or money back. I dont know who is responsible, or what I can do, if anything.

Can anyone help me...? Even if its just advice or an idea of what I can do....

I do know better than to do this, honestly...I dont know why I said yes...stupid huh?

:rolleyes: I know...

well, thanks for just reading this...
:D

FarmerJ

http://caag.state.ca.us/consumers/general/badchex.htm Also call the bank the check is drawn on and ask what their procedure is to place a item into collection with them . IF banks do this in CA . what that means is youll have to pay a fee from the check and they will freeze up the amount of the check by flagging the account and as soon as 250 $ is placed into the account they will hold the funds and pay you .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">