• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Right to Privacy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cathy Rep

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

If personal information is contained in a post card that was mailed, (any one is able to read), can anything be done about it?

Shouldn't private matters be protected?

Please advice.

HomeGuru

If personal information is contained in a post card that was mailed, (any one is able to read), can anything be done about it?

Please advice.
**A: please explain good grief.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If it's so confidential and you are concerned about its dissemination then tell the other party not to send a post card.

If that information is misused and you feel that it was "stolen" off of the postcard contact the Postal Inspectors and make a complaint. I don't know how far you'll get with it though.

sandyclaus

Please advice.
This is about that friend and the loan again?

Like we asked before, just what kind of "personal information" is being written on those post cards being mailed to you? What is it about that information that you consider to be such a major breach of privacy? Or is it just that you are significantly embarassed by the thought of such information becoming known to perfect strangers...? And why would they really care?

Cathy Rep

For clarification - I have asked this person to send correspondences in a sealed envelope. Request continues to be ignored.
Money was offered to me by this person when I was in great need. She also stated that she did not care about being paid back. Therefore, this was not a true loan. What bothers me the most is that this was a person who supposedly cared about me and has now completely changed.
Harassing me about paying her all at once and instructing me to sale my vehicle to pay her back. VeryI unreasonable requests. I have been paying her monthly without ever missing a payment, just to get her out of my hair.

I have very limited resources and she knows. She is not a person you can reason with.

I want these postcards to stop. My children do not need to see that.

sandyclaus

For clarification - I have asked this person to send correspondences in a sealed envelope. Request continues to be ignored.
Money was offered to me by this person when I was in great need. She also stated that she did not care about being paid back. Therefore, this was not a true loan. What bothers me the most is that this was a person who supposedly cared about me and has now completely changed.
Harassing me about paying her all at once and instructing me to sale my vehicle to pay her back. VeryI unreasonable requests. I have been paying her monthly without ever missing a payment, just to get her out of my hair.

I have very limited resources and she knows. She is not a person you can reason with.

I want these postcards to stop. My children do not need to see that.
SO the personal information is just demands for repayment of the loan?

Perhaps embarrassing, but certainly not harassment. As I responded in your last post, a demand for payment is NOT harassment, but simply a collection effort.

You are clearly paying the loan back far more slowly than this person would like. She can keep demanding payment all she wants. If you want it to stop, then pay off the loan once and for all - and I pretty much guarantee that the "harassment" and potentially embarrassing postcards will stop.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">