• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rommate owes money for bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bb3511

What is the name of your state? Iowa

My roommate and I were on a lease for an apartment. He went on vacation for a month before we moved out and I moved to another state before he got back. Before he left, I was on vacation for 3 weeks and tried relentlessly to contact him for money for bills. I have now left several voice mails, emails, text messages, and have even called his parents for the money. I have spent a little over $600 and still haven't received the final bills. I know he's ignoring me because he thinks I will just forget about it. I have all the cleared checks and bills. Is this something I can file in small claims court? Will I have to get a lawyer? Where would I start? Also, can I take him to court for only the necessities like water and electric, or can I get money back for cable as well? Thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">