• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roof Certification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schumacher

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have seen some other posts related to roof leaks however I couldn't find anything related to the question I have.

I bought a house in August 2010 and received a 2-year roof certification. The certification states "should any roof leak occur, ... Construction shall repair the roof leak at no charge". However, costs were incurred to repair the roof ($900), tear out wet drywall, dry out the effected area ($528.84), and to replace the area with new drywall (625.88).

I filed a claim against the contractors bond since he was not responding to my calls or emails. The bond company agreed to pay the $900 however since the certification said nothing about damages they couldn't pay the remainder.

My question is whether or not I have a case in small claims court for the remaining balance or if I'm out of pocket for the other costs because of the limited wording in the certification.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">