• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Roommate Trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flynnwilson

My girlfriend and I live with another roommate who was her friend. After only 4 months of living in this apartment, our roommate has tried to break the lease by leaving (and no longer paying rent), by finding a "replacement" and not informing our landlord that he wants to sublease.

In addition, he wrote a bad check to my girlfriend off of his credit card for $390.00 which he refuses to pay because he states that his bank states that the payment went through which is all well and good, except it's not the bank who need to tell him if it went through or not, it's the card company, and they've already told him that it hasn't and they aren't reversing the charges because he took out more than was there. Also, the roommate in question owes us money for helping him on his bills, rent and the collective bills which equals up close to $200.00. Do we have a case against him?

His half of rent is $342.50 (we have another 8 months on the lease)
Bad Check is $390.00
Owed Money is $200.00

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">