• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

satisfaction of judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BENTLYT

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I was awarded a small judgment in magistrates court for damages pro se, however the large law firm representing the defendant, stated they cannot pay me UNLESS I sign a satisfaction of judgment and rlse PRIOR to rec pymt. Although the rules of the court state I have 60 days to show judgment has been satisfied,the attorney has filed a motion stating I have been un-cooperative and requested the court to order me to sign a satisfaction or order the defendent to pay into the registry. Although I'm simply waiting to get paid for my damages, I'm concerned the atty will request legal and court costs at the hearing. Should I file a counter claim of some sort? ( and I can't find an atty to take this)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">