• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Satisfied Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ajfarms1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas, I have paid the person who has a judgement against me. The judgement still exist in the county it originated in, and also a judgement statement in the county I live in. Should the man file a release or something in both counties to clear my name. I do have a cancelled check as proof it was paid. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

justalayman

Yes.

Have you contacted the creditor reminding them they need to file the paperwork? I believe this is the proper form (for Denton County. Other counties should be the same or similar)

If they refuse to file the proper paperwork, you will likely have to address the court seeking them to order the plaintiff to file the release.

BL

Yes.

Have you contacted the creditor reminding them they need to file the paperwork? I believe this is the proper form (for Denton County. Other counties should be the same or similar)

If they refuse to file the proper paperwork, you will likely have to address the court seeking them to order the plaintiff to file the release.
If you have not received a notice of satisfaction and you have talked to them and it has still not been filed, file a order to show cause and have them explain to the judge why they have not followed the rules of trial procedure.

In some states there might be a monetary penalty ,not sure about TX.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">