• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Savings Bonds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momof2boys1131

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
The father of my two boys has been keeping a good amount of savings bonds and of birthday/ Christmas gift money for them. We had a verbal agreement that he would hold on to these funds until the boys needed them for college. They are now in college and have asked for the bonds and money. He just informed us that he used the bonds years ago as collateral to pay off his part of the divorce and he doesn't recall any of his family ever giving my kids monetary gifts. Although they (his family) disagrees.
The bonds were in my kids name only. The beneficiaries were either myself or their father. Can they get back what he stole from them and if so do you have any advice???

Hot Topic

The savings bonds and birthday/holiday monies were for your sons, not their father. What he did was out and out theft.

Take him to court, along with proof that the bonds were in your sons' names. Have someone go with you who can testify that the money from birthdays and Christmas was intended for them as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">