• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scammed 2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

takers28

What is the name of your state? Virginia
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am new to this site and I'm not receiving any responses and I can't figure out what this Closed Thread Means so I'm Reposting my Question
What is the name of your state? Virginia
I was contacted by one of those telemarketers with a "free trial membership" for a travelers discount package. I had to give my banking information because at the end of my membership if I chose to cancel then I could IF I did not cancel then my account would be charged. Well I received my package it was not at all what they explained to me over the telephone so I immediately called and cancelled the membership! A week later my checking account was debited $149.00. I called to have this straightened out and was told that it would be anywhere from 10 days to 2 weeks before I woud receive a refund. In the meantime I'm about to have checks bouncing all over the place. Can I take legal action against this company? I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and it turns out I am not the only one that they have done this to. There were several other complaints about the same thing

seniorjudge

Q: Can I take legal action against this company?

A: Yes; maybe you can interest the other folks who have been scammed in a class action. Or you could contact the Attorney General's office. It will, of course, cost you a lot more than $149 to pursue those scammers. You should also close your account and open another one at another bank.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">