• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

For scammed and the company filed to collection agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

law00

Help me!

I bought a groupon for air duct cleaning and the company came out saying they can't do it because I had mold in my air ducts which needed treatment. They put in some chemicals in the AC and vacuumed the air ducts. As soon as they left, I turned off the AC (and haven't turned it on since last Wednesday) and called my regular AC technician who said I did not have mold. The yelp reviews for this company are really bad and customers had identical claims. So I went to the bank the next day to stop payment on my check for $495 that they charged for mold treatment. I had another company come out today to evaluate and the technician said I did not have ANY mold and he is willing to give me a letter in writing. I emailed my concern to the company and they responded saying that they have reported me to the collection agency. What are the steps I need to take now? Any advice would be appreciated.

law00

More info

Company headquarters is in Maryland but they service Virginia, Maryland and DC. My place is in Virginia.

Antigone*

So basically you did things backwards.

¿ǝɔıʌɹǝs ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ƃuıʇɔɐɹʇuoɔ oʇ ɹoıɹd ǝɔuǝƃılıp ǝnp ɹnoʎ op noʎ ʇ,upıp ʎɥM

˙ʎuɐdɯoɔ ǝɥʇ pǝɥɔɹɐǝsǝɹ uǝɥʇ puɐ ǝɔıʌɹǝs ɐ ɹoɟ pǝʇɔɐɹʇuoɔ no⅄

quincy

So basically you did things backwards.

¿ǝɔıʌɹǝs ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ƃuıʇɔɐɹʇuoɔ oʇ ɹoıɹd ǝɔuǝƃılıp ǝnp ɹnoʎ op noʎ ʇ,upıp ʎɥM

˙ʎuɐdɯoɔ ǝɥʇ pǝɥɔɹɐǝsǝɹ uǝɥʇ puɐ ǝɔıʌɹǝs ɐ ɹoɟ pǝʇɔɐɹʇuoɔ no⅄
I'm impressed. . . . :)

racer72

You were offered and paid for a service. You recieved the service. You cannot change you mind and not pay for the service you recieved. If I was you I would pay them, it's going to cost you a lot more if you wait to be sued.

OHRoadwarrior

I would file a complaint with the Attorney General about the issue. Advise the collection agency you will be happy to provide them with a copy of the correspondence.

http://www.oag.state.va.us/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">