• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seamstress Fiasco

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DixieGal

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
OHIO
I took a few garments to a seamstress and she did very good work. So I took more pieces in for alterations, brought them home, tried them on two days later, and they're a total mess. She charged a total of $150 and many of the garments are now unwearable. Sleeves are uneven, some by 2 inches, some seams are not even sewn -- the pins are still there. One side is altered, the other left undone, sleeves cut off to 3/4 length (did not want) instead of the full sleeve. I'm just sick about it and will be going back to demand money back. I know I should get a full refund, but how do I recoup the money for the cost of the items I can't wear, now that they're not even wearable? I don't want her touching my clothing again so she can "make it right." She's done enough damage!
I did not keep the receipts for these items and paid cash, so if I had to go to small claims, I don't remember how much I paid for the items. Can you help with any advice? Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">