• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sears Auto - Small Claims

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bodarden

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I went to Sears Auto to purchase tires. We left our car and went walking in the Mall for 45 min then came back to the store and waited maybe another 30 min. We then approached the Customer Service Manager on the status of our car. The Cust. Svc Manager went in the back then came back and told us there was a problem - the technician broke our week locks (left broken lock on wheel and stripped 2 others). They did not even attempt to take the broken lock off the wheel (the original lug covers were in the kit with the Wheel Lock Key). They sent us away with a card that said "Will reimburse customer on wheel lock kit we broke and free oil change". I went to Honda and purchased a new wheel lock kit. Had Honda remove the broken wheel lock to replace with new locks. The broken lock on the one wheel was so badly stripped that Honda had to actually cut the lug nut off the wheel itself, at a cost of $387.84. Now I also need to purchase a new wheel ($300) because of this broken lock. I went back to sears with the receipt for the purchase of the new wheel lock kit, the cost to remove the broken lock and the estimate from Honda to purchase a new wheel. The manager was rude and told my husband to leave his store - he was not going to give him anything. I immediately filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and of course Sears' response was that they did not break the lock and would not reimburse me.

I'd like to know if I have a Small Claims suit, even though I'm not in the locale of the Headquarters. I have the Manager's card with hand written note on back and info from Honda. At this moment I am so angry, I want to take this as far as I can, even it means suing for filmage from the store on that particular day.

I want Sears to pay for what they did!

Thank you.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

I'd like to know if I have a Small Claims suit
Certainly sounds like you have a fairly good case. I suggest you contact the store manager IN WRITING with your complaint before filing a suit. Send a copy to the regional manager. If they don't respond, THEN you will have to find out whether the store is company owned or franchise and sue the appropriate party.

bodarden

Thank you. The store is company owned because when I filed my claim thru the Better Business Bureau in GA, my complaint was forwarded to the Sears Headquarters, who in turn contacted the Store Manager at the location here in Georgia - hence their reply to me based on the comments they received from one of THEIR Store Managers. Should I wait until everything is exhausted thru the Better Business Bureau or can I proceed now with my Small Claim? Since my complaint is already in writing thru the Better Business Bureau do you suggest sending WRITTEN communication directly to the Store again?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you. The store is company owned because when I filed my claim thru the Better Business Bureau in GA, my complaint was forwarded to the Sears Headquarters, who in turn contacted the Store Manager at the location here in Georgia - hence their reply to me based on the comments they received from one of THEIR Store Managers. Should I wait until everything is exhausted thru the Better Business Bureau or can I proceed now with my Small Claim? Since my complaint is already in writing thru the Better Business Bureau do you suggest sending WRITTEN communication directly to the Store again?
The BBB has NO authority to do anything. Proceed with your legal avenues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">