• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Second Disorderly Conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

help2016

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I was given an ACD by a court in upstate New York over six moths ago for a Disorderly Conduct. I was recently given another Disorderly conduct in Manhattan New York for fighting or being aggressive, Im not sure because the police officer never said what it was for. However, no punches were thrown, no grabbing or any of that sort, just mainly arguing. I now have to appear in court in Manhattan and I am worried that my previous ACD will show up, or is it expunged?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I was given an ACD by a court in upstate New York over six moths ago for a Disorderly Conduct. I was recently given another Disorderly conduct in Manhattan New York for fighting or being aggressive, Im not sure because the police officer never said what it was for. However, no punches were thrown, no grabbing or any of that sort, just mainly arguing. I now have to appear in court in Manhattan and I am worried that my previous ACD will show up, or is it expunged?
**A: sorry, I can't tell from here.

You Are Guilty

Unless you've done something more than you've mentioned, it won't be expunged, but what were the terms of your first ACD. If it was a 1 or 6 month deal, then it has been dismissed and does not "count" against your new one. If it was a 12 month ACD, then it may be revived if you plead (or are found) guilty to this new one.

As they say, speak to a local lawyer if you have concerns.

tranquility

If you were not renewed within six months it was dismissed

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/nycode/CPL/TWO/H/170/170.55

If the
case is not so restored within such six months or one year period, the
accusatory instrument is, at the expiration of such period, deemed to
have been dismissed by the court in furtherance of justice.
(The one year seem for marijuana or family matter arrests.)

help2016

It was a 6 month adjournment for my ACD. I'm just worried that even though it was dismissed it might still be able to be seen by the court in Manhattan. And if It would be alright for me to request an ACD for the Disorderly conduct I was recently given?

tranquility

The literal answer to your question is, no. The actual answer to your real question is, I don't know. Wait for YAG to come back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">