• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

second step retrieving monies owed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

patrickcake

What is the name of your state? tx. If you do have proof in writing that the exboyfriend owes you money and have a police report that shows damages incurred resulting in more money owed what step do you take formally or what form do you use before actually taking to court?

JETX

Contact the local courthouse in HIS county. The small claims court will have the forms and instructions on how to file.

I also suggest you go to the local library or bookstore and get a copy of "How to Win in Small Claims Court in Texas". The current edition includes copies of the forms.

And finally, go to the following site for the small claims laws:
http://www.peopleslawyer.net/smallclaims/texasstatute.html

P

patrickcake

I appreciate the advice, will do.
And in reference to stupid people, I suppose your right its not worth the "Lays".:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">