• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

security officer has my wallet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

troubles

What is the name of your state?
INDIANA
MY Situation is this I was at a hospital visiting a sick friend wile leaving I lost my wallet it has everything in it including 600.00 cash. I have a misdemeanor warrant out for me because of a mistake I made 10 years ago since then I have not gotten into trouble I am a father of two young children and have changed my life completely.
:
I was pulled over a while back the officer found the warrant and called the city it was in but they don't extradite over 80 miles so he let me go. my problem is that this officer that found my wallet at the hospital decided to run my record and says if I pick it up she will arrest me. so I sent my wife She was very mean to her, then I called and tried to be as polite as possible this officer hung up on me twice when I called back she stated she was tired of talking to me.
:
I need this money to pay my rent Can I sign some power of attorney to my fiancee and somehow give her legal rights to get it? I am at a loss , I would like to Sign a grievance , toward this person my friend who has sickle cell went to the security office she told him she was going to arrest me how can she tell a sick patient this? and how can she keep my soon to be wife and the mother of my children from getting my property?
:
please any help would be appreciated, I will eventually get the warrant taken care of but I have a family to support right now and a job I am not a stupid kid anymore, I do need this money and everything in the wallet .

AlanShore

There is nothing you can do unless you clear that warrant. Which you should do because its going to catch up with you sometime and the longer you wait the worst the penalties.

Some Random Guy

The security officer has no legal obligation to be polite. Feel free to report this to her employer.

she told him she was going to arrest me how can she tell a sick patient this?
You would prefer that the security officer should lie to her and say she wouldn't have you arrested?

The security officer has no obligation to turn over your valuable property to random people off the street. Your friend and your "soon to be wife" are legal strangers to you.

Just go to the security office when that person is not working and get your wallet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">