• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller Keeps Deposit and Sells to Another

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

wordsync

What is the name of your state? Iowa

I put down $650 on a van being sold by a private party... He gave me 60 days to pay the balance... My pipes at home froze and I incurred expenses that caused me to not meet the seller's deadline... At that time, the seller said he'd sell to another buyer at which time he would refund my deposit...

I saw someone driving the van... He said he had purchased it several weeks ago... The seller told him that he had already refunded my $650... I asked the seller what was going on and he told me that he wasn't going to return my money...

I have a receipt for the $650... Can the seller "change his mind"? Thanks!

Last edited:

W

wordsync

When & With What Documentation?

Thanks... It was approximately 60 days after the date of the deadline 12/31/04... I had called him several times and he told me of his plans to advertise it in several papers... Again, he said I would get my money when he sold it... The receipt shows the date of 1.) Agreement & Down-Payment-Deposit 2.) Deadline... There was nothing mentioned about his verbal agreement to return my money... He had my $650 for almost three months and now I have nothing...

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">