• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Seller Suing Fellow Home Owner Over Rat Flyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ForGoodnessSake

My stomach is in knots, and I don't know what to do. I live in a townhouse community in Maryland, and recently I have observed rats running about the community. Mortified, I engaged a few of my neighbors in conversation to see if they had seen rats as well. They have. As a result I created a flyer coupled with information from our county's department of health advising us of what we should do to extract the rodents from our community.

Well as it turns out, someone in our community was selling their house, and has since stated that the potential buyer backed out of the contract after seeing the posting I circulated about our rodent problem. The potential seller has plans to sue me because the buyer pulled out of the contract.

I would like to know the grounds of which I could be sued. The actual wording of the letter is below (although I have removed the community name, and address to protect myself from further law suits):

Yes, it’s sad to say, but true, we have a rat infestation!!!

On March 12, 2007, on <named remove> Court, I’ve observed a rat run across a number of resident’s steps looking for food or commuting to its’ nest. As you are aware, if there is one rat, chances are there are many.

As a community we can eliminate these nasty rodents if everyone partakes in appropriate hygiene practices.

Attached offers literature and a detailed checklist from Prince George’s County Health Department on why we have a rat problem and the steps to take to illuminate these pesky pests.

Before “baiting” your residence (exterior and interior), please be “neighborly” and inform your nearest neighbors of your intent to bait. Remember rat poison is extremely hazardous and we would not want wayward pets and children to fall victim to this toxin.

Consider this my community “FYI” that I will be “baiting” my residence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">