• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Selling to a friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kgamble1962

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Over a year ago i sold my car to a friend for $400 and he then told me that he would pay me $600. This is all verbal he made payments whenever he had the money not on a regular basis as agreed. I kept the car in my name an continued to carry insurance. After 14 months i retook possession of the car. I asked my friend to pay the $120 still owed on the car by text and he replied in his texts the agreement above but said that since he put. $1500 in repairs in the car he owes me nothing and i also have texts from him saying he would give me the money. He mever did and he drove for 2 months on expired tags that are in my name. Since i have taken the car back he has filed a lawsuit against me for repairs made. Do i have anything to worry about? Should i countersue?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">