• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

senior ad in sophomore section of yearbook

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jodeee1

What is the name of your state? mississippi
i placed a senior picture ad for my daughter in her yearbook for $100. when we received the yearbook her pcture ad was the only ad that was not placed in the senior ad section which starts on pg.193 it was placed in with the sophomore class pictures on pg.67. i spoke with the principal,asst. principal and the yearbook sponsor and they say as long as it is in the yearbook and it does not matter where ,they do not have to refund my money. the yearbook sponsor told me that they ran out of room and thats why they placed it there. but they did make room for a full page picture of her and her yearbook staff. when i received the postcard from the school it asked if i wanted to purchase a senior ad not a sophomore ad. it did not say it would be placed randomly in the yearbook. i am not asking for a the $50 back for the yearbook ,only the $100 i paid for the ad. my daughter is very upset about where they placed her ad. i need some advice on whether or not i should pursue this in small claims court or not.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Your concerns and perceived "problem" amounts to nothing more than "de minimis non curat lex" - the legal, Latin term meaning, "The law does not concern itself with trifles."

You were not promised anything with regard to "position" of the ad - - only that the ad would be placed in the yearbook.

You made certain "assumptions" about where the ad would be placed and, I'm sure, but for space limitations, the ad would have been placed in the "Senior section" - - but, again, no promises or guarantees were made to you.

A court would tell you that your "assumption" and a dime, will not buy you a refund. You have no "cause of action."

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">