• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Senior yearbook photo omitted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mamamichele

What is the name of your state? Florida
My son was a senior this year. His highschool notified me that a local studio was taking yearbook pictures and I needed to make an appointment for a photo session. I made an appointment, paid a sitting fee, had pictures taken, picked out his yearbook photo and purchased a senior picture package. When the yearbook was distributed my sons picture was not in the yearbook. The studio admitted that they accidently omitted his picture from the disk provided to the school. I asked for a full refund on the basis that I took my child to the studio on the premise of having his yearbook photo taken and would not have been there otherwise. I told the studio that an agreement was made between the studio and I when the sitting fee was paid. They refused. Do I have a case? Can I ask for a full refund?, seek damages?, ect.What is the name of your state?

FlyingRon

When you say you purchased the senior package, I assume you got some number of copies of the pictures in addition to the picture being made available (supposedly) to the school for yearbook inclusion.

You can try small claims court. A full refund is unlikely. The photos were taken, you were provided with photos, the value of the delivery to the yearbook is the only real damage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">