• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Served with small claims summons...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

QCTrailrider

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

I am being sued by someone who says I owe them fees for using their horse facility while I taught riding lessons for 3 months there. While I did indeed teach there, we never had any agreement for me to pay him anything. I am sure he will use his wife and family as witnesses, though they never heard us discuss anything relating to money. He also wants copies of my signed liability release forms from my students, which is the real reason for the law suit. I have been told he has no right to my privileged business information. I have already crafted a response to the suit, though I haven't sent it to the court yet. What else do I need to do to prepare for possibly (more than likely) being called into court for trial. Will I need a lawyer for something like this, or do I just show up and defend myself? Since there was no agreement, I really don't have any proof other than he said, she said, but neither does he unless he fakes something for the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">