• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

serverance pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cob767

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
I was seperated from my former company because of loss of contract. We signed a seperation agreement where they agreed to pay me 4 weeks of severance pay.
One week later I got a letter from the HR department stating that in their "option" I had violated the seperation agreement and therefore would not get any severance pay.

I filed suit against my former company. I submitted my bill of particulars and they their defense. In their defense the submitted a motion to the court to dismiss the case and have it settled by the companies dispute resolution program ( arbitration ).

I do not want it to go to arbitration.

How do I proceed? Do I file a "objection" or another "motion".

When I go on my court date what do I do next?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">