• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

service by publication?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cgilmer2671

What is the name of your state?AL.

I have had a small claims case in Ozark,AL the co. of Dale ongoing since last summer. To give a brief summary...I lived with a women for four years paid all the bills(other than the house payment of $189 per month)and maintained the property. It was clearly not going to work out between us so I decided to move out. I went to get my belongings and she went crazy and called the police. They said I was not allowed on the property if she did not want me there(and it was clear that she did not). So I filed a small claims case with the county. The sheriffs dept. tried for months to serve her with no success. I then tried to have her served by regular mail and also certified mail, neither being successful. I am under the understanding that my last option in the serving process is by publication. I have been told that I need to make some sort of motion to the judge presiding over my case( Bill Filmore)before he will give me any sort of go ahead on the service by publication. Of course I may be way off base here. Is there any way you could possibly shed some light on this for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am very anxious to get back my belongings so I close that dark chapter in my life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">