• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Services not paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Upset Tenant

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I was hired by a friend to move her from long island NY to North Carolina for $1000.00. I completed the job and received payment by check. Several days later I was informed by my bank that a stop payment was placed on the check. I called her and asked why did she do that she said take me to court you will never win no explaination at all from her. Unfortunately I didn't have a contract everything was verbal but I have all my records and kept a log of everything. I went to my town court house to file a small claims suit and they said because she doesn't live in this county any more if I win the sherriff cannot summons her because it's out of his area that it would difficult for me to collect my money. What can I do? Can someone please help me?

:mad:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

noho

That story doesn't seem to add up. What did you leave out. People are not that evil. Anyway, assuming she did screw you, did you rent a truck? receipt? Gas along the way with credit card? statement? I know it's a little late, but why no deposit? I'd consult the pd first. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">