• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Services not provided

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

salvador1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

My wife went to a psycic for a consultation for a personal stressfull situation. The Psycic said that she will charge a certain amount and she will have to come for three visits and during the consultation, she asked a series of questions. After the consultation, My wife decided not to go back. The Phsycic then charged the full amount of money to my wife's Credit card and signed the receipt slip with her maiden name and the credit card is in her married name. The full amount of monies were not in account but, it paid out to the psycic. Wife attempted to dispute the charge with no success. Since account remained unpaid, they took it to small claims and won against my wife since she didn't show up. ( we were unaware of court due to move).

Question, Can we appeal the court case and take the psycic to court for the unauthorized charge and forged signature? Please help

78monte

Re:

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

My wife went to a psycic for a consultation for a personal stressfull situation. The Psycic said that she will charge a certain amount and she will have to come for three visits and during the consultation, she asked a series of questions. After the consultation, My wife decided not to go back. The Phsycic then charged the full amount of money to my wife's Credit card and signed the receipt slip with her maiden name and the credit card is in her married name. The full amount of monies were not in account but, it paid out to the psycic. Wife attempted to dispute the charge with no success. Since account remained unpaid, they took it to small claims and won against my wife since she didn't show up. ( we were unaware of court due to move).

Question, Can we appeal the court case and take the psycic to court for the unauthorized charge and forged signature? Please help
Check what the your rights are for your state. Most states allow a 7 day appeal on Judgments in Civil Cases. Whatever you do, do not put off doing something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">