• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shared Cell Phone Line Issues

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swan2008

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

In March 2005, I agreed to have a college friend have a phone line on my cell phone account, as long as this individual would continue to make regular payments. This was an oral agreement (not in writing, unfortunately). This individual has been on the account since March 2005. Over the course of the past year, I have made each payment on my part of the account on time, and this individual as been paying a lesser amount and a greater amount then the actual bill amount, and this part of the payment has always been past due. As a result of the payments, I made a record of the bill amount and the payment amount and this individual still owes $317.00 approximately in past due amounts, and another $247.00 for breaking the terms of a contract this past December. The individual even renewed the contract in the second year, without my consent. I have record of the bills for this year, according to portions due per phone line. Is this a small claims matter. I spoke to the individual yesterday who stated that he would contact the phone company again, but I tried to contact the individual a few more times however, the individual did not answer. Is this a small claims matter, or more of a matter for mediation/ arbitration? My phone bill since it is past due, has shut my phone line off completely, and since the individual broke the contract his line no longer is turned off if the bills remain unpaid.

I am very concerned in this regard, and would deeply appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">