• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shes trying to keep it all

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jkashley

What is the name of your state? ms.
I work on the towboats on the mississippi river, and when i was away this time,my girlfriend moved another man into my house.
Needless to say, i want to leave, but she is trying to dictate what i will get out of the house. I am sole provider, and have been for us for the entire 3 and a half years we have been together. Everything in the house, except for a few gifts given to her, has been bought by me, or given to me from my parents. She even put my deceased grandmothers bi-centinial furnature outside and exposed it to the elements. Now it is ruined.
What rights do i have, and how will it affect the judges decision that i am the only one who worked the entire time we were together. When we got together we had only our clothes and her ex husbands car.
Please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BL

That's what you get when you play house .

Evict her through the Court's .

If she takes belongings from the House be prepared to prove what you bought and what their worths are . You might get 1/2 their worth .

You just might have to start from scratch again .

Look up your States' eviction procedures .

Are there ways OP can prove he purchased the items aside from receipts with his name (or card number) on them? I assume this is not like insurance where copies of warranty manuals can be used as proof of ownership.

djohnson

Do you own the house or rent? Is her name on it? So far your advice hasn't been legal. Without knowing that it won't be.

BL

djohnson said:
Do you own the house or rent? Is her name on it? So far your advice hasn't been legal. Without knowing that it won't be.
Can't you read . The Op said they started w/o anything . He claims he paid for ever thing .

Take it to WWW.judge Judy.com Hilarious . Play Hose ...

djohnson

Do you have common sense? Just because they started with nothing and he paid for everything doesn't mean anything. Did they both buy a house and he is paying for it? Did he finance it but put her name on the deed? Are they renting and both names are on lease? If your crystal ball works better than mine then so be it. I don't see those answers in his post. Depending on those answers is what his choices are. He can't evict her if she has a legal right to be there, like being on the lease. :rolleyes: Can you say duh?

BL

djohnson said:
Do you have common sense? Just because they started with nothing and he paid for everything doesn't mean anything. Did they both buy a house and he is paying for it? Did he finance it but put her name on the deed? Are they renting and both names are on lease? If your crystal ball works better than mine then so be it. I don't see those answers in his post. Depending on those answers is what his choices are. He can't evict her if she has a legal right to be there, like being on the lease. :rolleyes: Can you say duh?
and when i was away this time,my girlfriend moved another man into my house.
Duh .... Duh ... Do waddi Diddi Do wa Day There she was just just a swinging it that way ... :D

djohnson

You don't get out much do you. This is not a statement of anything. If they both signed a lease or are both on the deed, he would refer to it as his house, this is pretty common. Instead on continuing to show stupidity, why not wait and see what the OP says to those questions so he can actually get legal advise. Do you really think if I go to an attorney and say sir I want my boyfriend out of my house, he isn't going to ask those particulars?

BL

djohnson said:
You don't get out much do you. This is not a statement of anything. If they both signed a lease or are both on the deed, he would refer to it as his house, this is pretty common. Instead on continuing to show stupidity, why not wait and see what the OP says to those questions so he can actually get legal advise. Do you really think if I go to an attorney and say sir I want my boyfriend out of my house, he isn't going to ask those particulars?
The Poster stated his house , his girlfriend .

I responded to the way the Poster wrote his Post .

Tough if that isn't the case . I don't pull teeth .

If you want to dig and wait that's your prerogative , but my reply to the Poster's direct post IS correct , not of stupidity .

The post is all yours Ms .

djohnson

Blonde Lebinese said:
The Poster stated his house , his girlfriend .

I responded to the way the Poster wrote his Post .

Tough if that isn't the case . I don't pull teeth .

If you want to dig and wait that's your prerogative , but my reply to the Poster's direct post IS correct , not of stupidity .

The post is all yours Ms .

This is a legal website. To give legal advise, you need certain information. Anything else is just a guess. If you don't want to pull teeth then answer where opinion are wanted, and not direct someone to something that may not be legal.

BL

Evict her through the Court's .
It doesn't take a Brain surgon to see that was Legal advice , further more ;

IMPORTANT NOTICE
THE VIEWS EXPRESSED ON THIS PAGE WERE NOT REVIEWED BY THE EDITORIAL STAFF OR ATTORNEYS AT FREEADVICE.COM. Thousands of professionally prepared and reviewed questions and answers in 130 legal categories are to be found at the Question and Answer pages at FreeAdvice.com.
FreeAdvice Forums are intended to enable consumers to benefit from the experience of other consumers who have faced similar legal issues. FreeAdvice does NOT vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any posting or the qualifications of any person responding. Use of the Forums is subject to our Terms and Conditions which prohibit advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages, or false, defamatory, abusive, vulgar, or harassing messages, and subject violators to a fee for each improper posting. All postings reflect the views of the author but become the property of FreeAdvice. Information on FreeAdvice or a Forum should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction who you have retained to represent you. To locate an attorney visit AttorneyPages.com. Copyright since 1995 by Advice Company. All Rights Reserved. Home Improvement questions? Visit our affiliate DoItYourself.com

BL

djohnson said:
exactly, which is why I was nicely trying to point out the error in the beginning.
I'll ask , but I know you'll get the last word , What Error is there in telling a Person to evict " his " girlfriend out of " his" home through the Courts ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">