• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Shop has my parts, no way to get a hold of anyone there

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kgc5034

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

I was having engine work done ($200 worth of parts) by this local shop back in April. I sent the first set if cylinders in and he messed them up, blaming it on incorrect fitment of part. I felt that was a load of BS but I bought a second set of cylinders and told him to use these, that was back in late May. I've been calling almost every day to his shop and go by it at least 2 or 3 times a week and he isnt there. Fearing that something bad happened to this guy I called up another shop that does regular business with him. They said his mother died and is closing temporarily. I understood and I told them to tell him I just want my stuff back if its done or not. That shop called him up and told me to expect a call from him in the next day or 2...that was 2 weeks ago. I almost know for a fact he is ignoring me since he's been back to his shop to delete his messages and a few things are missing from his front lobby area. This is so stupid because this can all be resolved with a phone call and a 2 min drive since I live up the road from his shop. I really don't want to take this to court so I'm asking is there any other way to get my parts back?

kgc5034

I have gone during normal business hours. I've actually tried to vary it by going one day at 8am another at 10am, 1pm, and at 4pm. Of all the days I've been there I haven't seen his truck or his 'assistant'

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">