• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

shoul

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

efrain359

should i get reimburse

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I rented a 15-passenger van with snow chains. I placed the snow chains on the two back tires, and drove for about ½ mile to a mile when the chain broke causing it to hit the brake line which left us stranded on a service road. I tried to call the rental company but they were all closed, so I called the roadside assistance number they provided me with and they said I had to pay $75 for ten miles. Anything after that at standard price. Therefore, I asked if they knew where they are suppose to tow it, they said back to the location I rented it which was 158miles away which I could not do or afford. After hours of calling we found a cab that had a four wheel drive vehicle that was required to get to our location and drive us the last 68 mile to our destination. We ended up getting to our destination at 7:30 a.m Saturday instead of the original schedule at 10:30 p.m Friday. We had to wait until 9:30 a.m to get a hold of the rental company when they opened. I just want to know if the rental company should reimburse me for the room night I lost and the taxi ride the total coming out to be $600 and if I should talk with a lawyer if they refuse.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">