• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should i counter sue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

catina

I received a letter today from the court, saying that
my small claims case has been moved to a higher court, because
the plantiff requested it, the papers that were attached to the
papers claim that i had a meeting with him at the police station,
and that i agreed to pay him $700.00 dollars,That is not true, I contacted
the police and asked them if this happened if they would have record of it? they told if it happened they would, they checked there files and have no record. The only true thing in his claim is that he gave me gifts, i admit that part but tried to return them , and asked him to come get them, but he refused. and now claims i signed a contract
to work off the amount of the gifts, i never signed or agreed to anything, he just gotr the gifts, i never asked for any of them.He has sent me letters calling me a hooker and has accused me of illegal drug actions, i have never done drugs, and am in no way a hooker,
He has also contacted my family members and asking for information on me, and has also stated he has hired a private investagater, for what reason i do not know, I have found out that this his 3rd case he has going, and one of them has been going on for 7 years, I just want him to leave me alone and stop all his lieing about me, I would like to counter sue for harrasment , but not sure how to go about doing it without an attorney, or if it would just be a waste of time.

L

loseed

I think I would get a lawyer.
I joined a Legal Services Plan and they have reduced rate lawyers (like insurance plans). Maybe that could work for you.
I would definitely not try to take this guy on alone. He sounds like he knows the system and you could lose.

IMHO

C

catina

I contacted an attorney today and read some of the letters,

and court papers to her, she could not beleive some of the things

that he was stateing and trying to get done, she also told me

it doesnt sound much like a case to her, but to come in anyways

and we may try and countersue,

thanks for the advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">