• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should i pay for my dog biting theirs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alagada

What is the name of your state? OH about 1 month ago the cops showed up saying that my dog (shepard) bit my neighbors dog(boxer) and a report was being made. My neigbor said my dog broke through my invisible fence and badly bit his dog in their yard. After the cop came over I looked my dog over and he didn't have any signs of what he was accused of. now my neigbor wants me to pay the bill which is over $1000.00. what should I do since im not sure if my dog did this, he has never been violent or aggressive toward anything, do i pay or tell my neighbor to take a hike, i already said i would pay but that was when i thought it was a routine visit bill only not this. what do i do? (invisible fence is a company, see my next post) **edited

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stephenk said:

"broke through my invisible fence"

huh?

====================================

My response:

Yes, Stephen - - an invisible fence. You've never heard of that before? It works on the same principle as our writer's invisible dog.

IAAL

T

Tercr6

Does your state have a leash law ?
You said you'd pay ? you thought a routine visit ? Did not you have a conversation w/ the injured dog owner ? or did you tell the police,you would pay ?
Your dog had no visible signs he/she did the damage ? Was there witnesses ?
What was the damage to the dog? what size,type,of dogs are each ?
Finally, what more information are you with-holding,in a now (useless) attempt to justify not paying ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">