• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I Sue Over An Mp3 Player?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Csam1227

What is the name of your state? NY

I know this may sound like I am taking it too seriously, but my friend always does this to me, I was always the one with the job and always paying almost anything for her. Now that I want something back she is acting funny, even though she now has a job!.

--About three months ago the glass of my $168.00 mp3 player was broken by my best friends son, you can still hear the music but you cannot see the screen. We agreed on a payment plan of $20.00 a week because her job pays her around $150.00 a week or more, so after the agreement I gave her the mp3 player. Two weeks after that, I got her a cell phone in my name since her credit is terrible, and also to keep in contact with her now that she is working. We then agreed on her giving me $20.00 a week for 3 weeks and then $60.00 on the last week of every month for her phone bill which is around $40.00. It has been 3 months and I've only received $20.00 so far for the mp3 player...and she gives me money for the phone bill every week...(when I can from a private number on her payday :rolleyes: ) Plus, im always past due on my bill because of her. She recently moved in to her boyfriends house and exchanged my mp3 player that has barely been paid for with her boyfriends mp3 player...so now he is walking around with MY stuff!. I told her two weeks ago that I am going to cut her phone off on Aug. 22nd not only because of her late payments, but because I want nothing to do with her anymore (since we are going through some other issues) so I asked for my mp3 player back, but now her boyfriend can't find it. I then asked if I can hold something of his down until he finds it, but he reassured me that he will find it...it has been a week since he said that. Just yesterday I went over there to collect the last few payments on her part of the bill and now im thinking that I should not cut her phone off so I can keep in contact with her on whether or not they found my mp3 player. Or, I think that I should cut the phone off and have her sign a notarized letter saying that she has 30 days to find it and if it is not found then I want money for the mp3 player in full. By the way, I think I should do the notarized letter because most of the time I feel like im not being taken seriously by her ever so busy boyfriend.

Last edited:

JETX

Csam1227 said:
What is the name of your state? NY

I know this may sound like I am taking it too seriously, but my friend always does this to me, I was always the one with the job and always paying almost anything for her. Now that I want something back she is acting funny, even though she now has a job!.

--About three months ago the glass of my $168.00 mp3 player was broken by my best friends son, you can still hear the music but you cannot see the screen. We agreed on a payment plan of $20.00 a week because her job pays her around $150.00 a week or more, so after the agreement I gave her the mp3 player. Two weeks after that, I got her a cell phone in my name since her credit is terrible, and also to keep in contact with her now that she is working. We then agreed on her giving me $20.00 a week for 3 weeks and then $60.00 on the last week of every month for her phone bill which is around $40.00. It has been 3 months and I've only received $20.00 so far for the mp3 player...and she gives me money for the phone bill every week...(when I can from a private number on her payday :rolleyes: ) Plus, im always past due on my bill because of her. She recently moved in to her boyfriends house and exchanged my mp3 player that has barely been paid for with her boyfriends mp3 player...so now he is walking around with MY stuff!. I told her two weeks ago that I am going to cut her phone off on Aug. 22nd not only because of her late payments, but because I want nothing to do with her anymore (since we are going through some other issues) so I asked for my mp3 player back, but now her boyfriend can't find it. I then asked if I can hold something of his down until he finds it, but he reassured me that he will find it...it has been a week since he said that. Just yesterday I went over there to collect the last few payments on her part of the bill and now im thinking that I should not cut her phone off so I can keep in contact with her on whether or not they found my mp3 player. Or, I think that I should cut the phone off and have her sign a notarized letter saying that she has 30 days to find it and if it is not found then I want money for the mp3 player in full. By the way, I think I should do the notarized letter because most of the time I feel like im not being taken seriously by her ever so busy boyfriend.
Thank you for your wonderfully insightful story. It was both daring and cutting edge. I would certainly hold out for huge bucks on the movie rights!!
Oh, and why do you need a phone to "keep in touch" with her?? Don't you see here everyday in the lunchroom at the 'cool kids' table??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">