• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

should I take him to small claims court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laudawg

HElp!What should I do??

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York
Someone reversed into me in a parking lot. I didn't call the police b/c he said he would pay for it. I got all his info and called him with an estimate. I found out he gave me a wrong phone number. I filed a claim against him through his insurance, and now he's saying I hit him. They don't want to give me anything for my damages. I also filed a complaint with the NYS insurance Dept and waiting to hear from them. Should I take him to court?

Last edited:

BL

And what did YOUR ins. Co. do when you filed your complaint with them ?

It is not necessary to call/have a Police report on a none injury accident .

since NY is a no fault ins. State , Your ins. Co. should be handling this .

laudawg

Blonde Lebinese said:
And what did YOUR ins. Co. do when you filed your complaint with them ?

It is not necessary to call/have a Police report on a none injury accident .

since NY is a no fault ins. State , Your ins. Co. should be handling this .
I do not have collison on my insurance, only Liability so my company said I should file a claim against him through his insurance. I do not have a police report. What should I do now?

BL

Well obviously the other person's Ins. Co. is going to fight it and blame you .

Take it to small claims , have all your evidence ,Estimates ,witnesses , Etc . , and be confident , and present your case , short ,brief and to the facts and hope the Judge is inclined that your story with your evidence is more believable .

Without witnesses , it would be you said , they said anyways .

Last edited:

laudawg

I have his "phone number" in his handwriting

NY
he gave me wrong number in his handwriting and my friend was in the car with me...i know its not an independent witness though...but should he come?...will this hold up? Thanks for your help!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">