• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Signature Sabotage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Marigurl

I Am In The State Of California And I Have A Small Claims Case This Tuesday Against A Former Friend Who I Made A Loan Of $2000 And I Did Have Him Sign A Promise Note To Pay Me Back. The Note Has His Signature As Well As Mine And A Witness. The Witness Has Moved Out Of State And I Cannot Locate. I Also Had His Signature On Other Document He Signed For Things That Do Not Relate To This Matter. I Compared The Two Signatures And He Signed The Promise Note Sloppy And Barely Readable. I Do Have Other Forms Of Proof That He Borrowed The Money To Back Me But Not Like The Promise Note. Could The Signature, He Obviously Distorted On Purpose
Ruin My Chances? Any Advise Would Help Reduce The Stress. Is There Any Notes On How To Present The Case You Have If Your Not Clear On Actual Day That Transactions Occurred. I Don't Want To Lie But I Don't Want To Look Like My Word Is Not Valid. Thank You For Any Help

S

seniorjudge

If you can prove that the note was signed by the person who owes money, you might win. If you win, how will you collect your judgment? Does the signer have any money? A job? Other assets?

Marigurl

The Loan Was For His Car . It Has A 2000$$ Sound System Thanx To My Loan .he Also Has A Job And A Bank Account . How Can I Prove It's His Signature?? My Word Against His ??? What Type Of Questions Do Judges Usually Make During The Trail??

S

seniorjudge

Marigurl said:
(1) My Word Against His ??? (B) What Type Of Questions Do Judges Usually Make During The Trail??
(1) Yes

and

(B) Smart judges do not axe questions during the trail but wait for a break at a rest area.

Dandy Don

Pay $50-$100 to a private investigator to track down the individual so you will know where and when to start garnisheeing his paycheck when you win your case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">