• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

silly to some but not to me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jenn13

this might seem silly to some but not to me, i am devestated :(

What is the name of your state? CT

I recently had my hair chopped BAD by a hairdresser, i mean taking about 3 years of length off my hair without my permission. I am heartbroken, i have been crying since this happened a week ago. I am not a "sue happy" person but this is catastrophic to me. my hair has been long my whole life, and now my sides, which used to be past my breasts, are to my ears, and the back has about 5 inches off, when i specifically told her NOT to touch the sides and back, all i wanted was to layer the FRONT to give it more body. Even the other hairdresser there yelled at her asking what did she do? and that she chopped my hair doing exactly what i told her NOT to do. HELP, do i have any recourse? Please I am sooo sad :(

Last edited:

JETX

"do i have any recourse?"
*** Probably not. The problem is, unless your hair is actually 'damaged' by the hairdresser and you incur expenses to repair it, most courts would see this as simply a 'bad haircut' (if that). And that is not actionable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">