• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pattsawyer

Rhode Island

Currently assisting my fiance in a custody battle with his ex-wife. she has lied in court about child support not being received. i mail his checks via post office certified return receipt one week i could not make it to post office, sent out ups through current work and reimbursed company

ex-wife called my work relentlessly (approx 8 times in 3-hr span) left msgs for president of the company, vice-president, sales reps and verbally told receptionist that i was using company products and funds to deliver her child support checks. pretty much caused a huge uproar in the office - i did not get in trouble because i had reimbursed the company, but it was a huge inconvenience for my coworkers to have to deal with her, not to mention it did not shed very good light on myself in my workplace - now everyone is aware of my personal business -

also - president of the company has made a new rule that NO ONE can use UPS to send out personal items because of the grief that she has brought.

Do i have any recourse?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">