• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

slander by coworker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pride62

What is the name of your state? New York. I am a special education teacher for over 17 years with my agency. I am currently giving the statewide tests; regents, and rct's to my students. A new co-worker who really dislikes me has made comments to at least two other employees that the testing is a scam and that the kids are passing because i cheat for them. the children are emotionally disturbed, and have testing modifications in their iep's which i must follow, but i have never cheated. i told my administration about her remarks, which are bold lies. do i have any legal rights here, and if so what are they?

H

hexeliebe

Not unless or until her comments cause you to lose your job or suffer financial or occupational harm in some way.

You're addressing the problem as you should, with the school administration. Keep pursuing this avenue until the problem is either resolved or something happens in your situation.

T

TazTaz2T

My G/f has a child in the same school setting as you teach.( I have lived w/ and help raise
him since the age of 2 1/2 yrs. old ).

I am aware of the special testing modifications as you are talking about.

In my G/fs childs' case, the teacher will Grade his test. He brings his daily
behavior/performance sheet home citing the grade.
His teacher will then retest him because the score was "Unacceptable".

If I read into the guidelines in IEPs,the children can be retested if IEP states so.

I do-not know or think it is exceptable to state the retesting will take place ( because ) the
orig. score did not meet STATE standards.

I mean, i don't think it would be right to keep retesting,just to make sure the scores meet
State Standards.

I don't know your situation,but your co-workers might 'Think" your not following correct
procedures in the "way" your applying the guidelines.

The CSE determines the specific IEP for each child.

If you have conflict,be an Adult and mediate the issues w/ the principle, or CSE.

Isn't school out for this yr. ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">