• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claim battle with out-of-state business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adrinmd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD but the business is in NC

I'm not sure if I have a valid case and would appreciate some advise regarding this matter.

I entered into a two-year contract with Company F subscribing to recieve monthly leads. The sales pitch made promises of an expectation of an overwhelming number of leads. I decided to take up their offer on Sept. 7 but I did not complete the proposal agreement and provided financial information until Sept 16th. The terms of the agreement allowed for a 30day trial period. During that time I would need to complete three obligations.

One: orientation call, Two: Start Advertising account, Three: Coaching call

These is a huge discrepancy with Company F regarding if these items occurred before the 30 day trial period.

On Sept 8, Company F set-up an advertising account for me to monitor and control at my leisure. I am solely responsible for Advertising which was understood.

On Sept 17 my team and I sat on the Orientation conference call. To prevent hear background noise in our office we kept the call on mute so that it would not disrupt the call. Near the end of the call the moderated directed a question to me. In my attempts to unmute the phone, I accidently disconnected the call and immediately attempted to rejoin the call only to find that the call was ended. I then followed up with an email to the moderator explaining what happen and to make arrangement to complete the call. We schedule a time of Sept. 29 at 3:30pm. The moderator never call and I sent and email to the company noting this and again asking to schedule another time. This call was finally completed on Oct. 14.

On Sept 18 another conference call was held with Company F Representative and my team. We were under the impression this was the "Coaching Call" since the Orientation call was to be completed on Sept 29. We learned ways to effective advertise to get the most out of the lead generating system.

To date, a system that was suppose to generate numerous lead had on produce 4 leads since Sept...technically 5 (a lead arrived today during email dispute with Company F, amazing).

The week of Oct 1 calls were made to the company not unhappiness with the lack of leads being produced by the system.

On Oct 21 a cancellation request was submitted via email according to the terms of the licensing agreement. Company F representative called offering to make adjustment to the account to remedy the problem and ask for a couple days to expect different results

On Oct 27th, a second cancellation request was submitted via email stating that no results have change and wanting to close the account. Company F representatives called stating the licensing agreement and the early cancellation calls and stating that I didn't not complete my training within the initial 30 days. Several emails went back and forth including emails to the company CEO (he has yet to respond).

To date, my account was never cancelled and I have been receiving charges from Company F.

How do I proceed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">