• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claim between different states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tuncatunc

What is the name of your state? Washington

I'm living in seattle WA,

I purchased a laptop from a seller at ebay. he never sent the item and never refunded money back.

I did some research and learned that I have to go Small Claim court, however the problem is I'm living in Washington and seller is in Michigan

Is it possible to sue him for a small claim from Washington?

Best Regards.

racer72

A judgment from a Washington court is worthless in Michigan. You will have to go there to sue. I saw on another website that about 25% of the laptop computers for sale on eBay are folks trying to scam people out of their money. I had an eBay account hijacked a few months ago and the scum was trying to sell a bunch of non existant laptops. You would have never had this problem if you had made your purchase locally.

tuncatunc

Thanks for answer, appriciate it.

Is it that easy to scam people in ebay :mad:

I guess lots of people cant afford to go a remote place to sue a scammer.

Are there any exceptions not to apper on the court such as What would happen If I was a disabled person and becuase of that I was not able to appear on the court.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tuncatunc said:
Thanks for answer, appriciate it.

Is it that easy to scam people in ebay :mad:

I guess lots of people cant afford to go a remote place to sue a scammer.

Are there any exceptions not to apper on the court such as What would happen If I was a disabled person and becuase of that I was not able to appear on the court.

My response:

You know, if you'd just use the "search" function, you would have been able to read hundreds of these types of posts. Basically, you're screwed and none of us care what happens to E-Bay purchasers and sellers.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">