• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small claim court!!! help!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

developmental

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am going to the small claim court on December.
This April, my friends and I, we rented a car for vacation, on the clerk of rental car company, all we three were present our driver license, but we didn't know that the clerk only wrote down my two friends' name on the contract. I drove the car and we had car accident during our trip. After then, one of my friends---H, the renter, filed mediation and we signed a release of liability agreement, by which I had paid her $2000.

On November, H filed mediation because of a late coming bill; I refused to pay anything since the contract I had signed is a release of liability contract.

The story is never ended, the other girl---S, who filed a small claim court recently and asked judge to against me for $1600 plus court fee and interest. S's reason is: " Because of the reckless driving of the defendant (me) , I (S) have to pay H $1100, and because of the accident, I have to pay extra money for public transportation $500 for home, that is, I (S) want to asked judge against the defendant for $1600 plus court fee and interest."

Here come my questions:

1) Since I had signed an agreement (which is release of liability contract), can they (H and S) still sue me for the matter related to the car accident?
:confused:
No body forced S to pay for H. S paid the money but asked me to give her money back, is it reasonable??

2) In this case, what reason I can argue about this?

Thank you very much!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">